swim, bike, run, repeat.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

I have a plan.

Literally. I plunked down the money for a silver membership to Beginner Triathlete, and uploaded a plan into my online training log. I was going to use the Beginner Ironman plan, but based on what I've already been doing, I decided to go with the 20 week Intermediate Ironman plan. I in no way believe that I am an intermediate, let me put that straight right away. But the beginner plan seemed a might bit overcautious.

From the get go, the swims in my plan are a lot more. Earlier in the week a had a 3000, and the pool I swim at (UofL) had switched to long course for the day, so it was a bit tough (mainly because the middle 2000 were drills, one of which involved me swimming with my hands in fists. Not fun.). I had an 1800 yesterday, but then today was a 4000 (the pool was back to short course). That is farther than I have ever swum in one go. Ever. In my whole life. Yes, I was on a swim team, but it was summer league, not high school or college or anything like that. And mind you that it was not my first or only workout today.

And as an aside, just let me say that biking on flat roads is glorious. Ben and I rode River Road from downtown to Hays Kennedy Park in Prospect, and for us, we were flying. At least there, anyway. The return trip was all pretty much into a headwind, but I did use my aerobars a lot for the first time, and wasn't completely scared by it. Woo hoo! (isn't it cute how the little things excite me so?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! you continue to impress me!