swim, bike, run, repeat.

Monday, December 24, 2007

A nice Christmas Eve jog

Since our gym is open today but doesn't have daycare, Ben graciously watched our niece (1 year) and nephew (4 years) while my sister and I went for a run. Six months ago, I would not have been able to say that. My sister, a smoker for over 20 years, did not run. It was not her thing.

But, she started taking Chantix and has been smoke free for 4 months. Go, Cherie! And now, she's addicted to the gym and has started running. She even did a 2 mile race on Thanksgiving. She was in a bit of a panic about no gym daycare today, but was excited to come over and run. We got in 3.1 miles in about 35 minutes, which was a lot faster than she thought we would be. She kept apologizing for being so slow, but I honestly didn't care. I am not fast compared to a lot of people, and I've quit apologizing for myself. If I'm too slow for you, save me a banana at the finish.

Now, if I could only get her into some tech fabrics....

Merry Christmas.

No comments: